AVON STREET - Walney Island

See also: Vickerstown

avon_street_01.jpg (51983 bytes)    avon_street_02.jpg (85843 bytes)    avon_street_03.jpg (62151 bytes)

Within Avon Street a Nursery was established by the Walney Estates Company for producing plants for allotments as well as containing a small market garden. From 1902 the nursery excepted the responsibility for supplying flowers to the 'recently' established Walney Park. After numerous years in operation the owners transferred the nurseries to Mill Lane, sometime during the 1990's, a site that it still holds to this day. Originally the houses on Avon Street were classed as a class 'L' home, and had been identified for use by the Isle of Walney Estates Company personnel and lower management within the local shipyard. They had a third bedroom and an extra sitting room as well as the added luxury of a front garden. 

 

 

 

 

STREETS ROADS & PATHS

 

SITE SEARCH

 

Please take the time to view / sign our guest book your thoughts are important to us

or alternatively contact us direct by clicking the link below

 

Copyright Walney Webs. All rights reserved.