FOXFIELD ROAD - Walney Island
Foxfield Road is part of the Red Ley Estate that was constructed by the Turner & Norris company between 1959 and 1969. Other streets on this construction were: Combe View, Bankfield Gardens, Kirkby Gardens, Lower Teasdale Road, Silecroft Gardens and Grizbeck Gardens. Originally and prior to any construction the field name/s for the Red Ley Estate site were: Calf Close, Crofts, West North Field and East North Field. The name Red Ley coming from Red Ley Lane to the west of which the site was located.
On an original plan drawn up in the late 1800's by William Gradwell & Co the part of Foxfield Road that now contains a row of 1960's town houses (as can be seen in the picture on the top row, second in from the left) was to be named Harewood Street and the part connecting it to 'lower' Teasdale road was to be called Stanley Street.
Please take the time to view / sign our guest book your thoughts are important to us
or alternatively contact us direct by clicking the link below
© Copyright Walney Webs. All rights reserved.